airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Furnace comes on even though thermostat is "off". The only

Customer Question

Furnace comes on even though thermostat is "off". The only way to turn furnace off is to turn gas valve off and disconnect fan at electrical outlet Replaced thermostat with no change. The main control board is Electron B89322B. Thank you
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Disconnect the control wires from the board and see if furnace goes off. If not board is bad and will have to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Isn't disconnecting wires from the board the same thing as turning new thermostat off?

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Not really.THere could be a nick in wire in between causing R and W to make an d bring on furnace.That is why I say at control board.That eliminates any external influence

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI Tim,

Thank you very much. Something just came up that I have to leave for a couple hrs. I'll try your suggestion tomorrow.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I understand. We can go from here.