Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Need to go through troubleshooting. Amana RCE36C2A. Noticed

Customer Question

need to go through troubleshooting. Amana RCE36C2A. Noticed fan was stuck yesterday and used a coat hanger to get it spinning twice. not cooling. pretty clean unit. thinking fan motor, capacitor, or compressor. Wanna help?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
If using a coat hangar to get it started worked, it is most likely going to be the capacitor. In any case, I'd start here because capacitors are cheap and a bad capacitor can prevent condenser fan motor from starting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so you were spot on with the capacitor; however, I did not receive an email notification Monday evening that you had even replied. By the time I saw your email from Tuesday asking why I haven't viewed your answer, I had already diagnosed and fixed the problem myself. Not sure that I should pay for something I didn't use. Please keep the $5 and credit the remainder.