Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

New furnace, tech wired air conditioner lennox mod:hs16-211u-8p

Customer Question

New furnace, tech wired air conditioner lennox mod:hs16-211u-8p . Outside unit won't run. I think wiring in new furnace isn't right. Do you have a wiring diagram that shows correct connections?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to 2 hours help.

Up to 48 hours trouble shooting and coaching on repairs $38 additional if you approve it at that time.

The wiring diagram is glued to the inside of the blower cabinet cover.
The symptoms so far do not point to a thermostat or thermostat wiring problem but an ignition or flame sensing problem... there are various cause for that.
I am wondering what kind of an HVAC contractor would sell you a new furnace and wire it up, and leave it in not working condition. Are they licensed?
Tell me about that please, so that I can assist you in approaching this problem in the most effective manner.
We can go from there.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The furnace runs for heat but will not run for air
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, thanks for that.
Earlier you said that the furnace blower runs for 30 seconds then shuts off. .. that is not a thermostat wiring problem, *something else* is wrong.
Our options here are for me to catch a plane, and rent a car and then drive to your place and look at the unit.. and solve the problem in seconds, or ask you the questions I have and save the trip.
Only the latter approach works given the modest charge involved.
--------------
I need those questions answered... and I need to know if you have a multi meter or not and some skill with it do come tests at my direction.
----------------
In order to avoid wasting hours or days of your time and my time I need answers to the question of what the installing contractor has to say... verbatim. That tells me a lot about his character and what sort of other mistakes he may have made, such as venting the new furnace incorrectly (and unsafely).
------------
That will lead me to the most cost effective approach here... so I do need that data.
I also need a very well lit and well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower service door... taken from straight on, and up close...
and I need a photo of the printed circuit card inside that shows where there thermostat wires attach, behind the same blower service panel.
And I need to know if the unit that sits outside is a straight cooling unit, or a heat pump.
-----------------
You can use the 'attach files' link at the lower left of your reply box to attach those photos.
I need all of that data, without that I have no idea at all of what might be going on, or what mistakes might have been mad or how to help you resolve this.
Get all of that for me, please.
We can go from there, at that point.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a camera that i can down load to my p.c. I guess we are at a dead end. Thanks for trying to help. Have a good day. Clark
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
If this is a gas furnace we should be able to get narrowed down.
Is red wire to r
white to w
yellow to y
green to g
and ac unit is to y and c?