BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Can an Amana High Efficiency 12 unit (used) be hooked up in

Customer Question

Can an Amana High Efficiency 12 unit (used) be hooked up in replacement of my current Amana Prestige (Copeland model CR32K6-PFV-230) which is no longer working well?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
All you need to match is tonnage and refrigerant.
If you have the model numbers and refrigerant used from each we can be more specific for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find tonnage and refrigerant info?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
There is a label/tag on every unit. It has model serial, voltage, refrigerant etc....
We just need the model numbers and the refrigerant. It will say R22 or R410A
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My current unit is Amana model #RC83682A (R22) and the used unit I hope to use is an Amana Model# ***** (R22)both are PSIG 300, 150LS,... BUT 85oz vs. 195oz, Comp 15.3 vs. 21.8, RLA 82 vs. 105,1/4hp vs. 1/3hp, fan 1.7 vs. 2.3, 1.) What is the down side of using a different outdoor unit like I've described? 2.) How much would the labor be to swap one out? 3.) What would a new comparable unit cost? Thanks for your expertise. Tom
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Ok the units both have the same refrigerant...but the current one is a 3 ton unit (36000 btu) and the proposed is 4 ton (48000 btu)
To change out a condensing unit with R22 at that size by a contractor is going
to be around $2,000.00