BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

My new heil furnace is loud they reduce the fan speed

Customer Question

My new heil furnace is loud they reduce the fan speed for heating which helped but now I am in air conditioning mode and the blower is whiseling and roaring as it did before. I would like to know all the things that could be done to reduce noise number 1? Second problem is my house is more humid with this new unit the dehumidifier will not keep up as it did with old air conditioning unit and yes my dehumidifier is new last year. The air conditioning runs in short cycles of approximately 5 minutes in length. Third I would like my unit to intake in our basement which is open and dry and large enough for the unit but my installer has not ever install any that way and doesn't think it will work. I know there is pressure when the unit comes on because the door leading to the basement will come open if not latched when the furnace starts up.
Jerry S.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Your unit is cooling too fast due to be over sized.
You need to run longer cycles to dehumidify. It sounds as though you are oversized for the duct work also.
I realize you are looking for a fix, but you really need to discuss this with the installer and get a summer start on the ac equip.
You dont want to do anything that would void warranty...and changing blower speed on the ac is one of those things.