Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Its blowing cold air but not cooling room

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to 2 hours help.

Up to 48 hours trouble shooting and coaching on repairs $38 additional if you approve it at that time.

Can you tell me the full model number of the AC unit, and the size of the room, and about any south or west facing glass?

If you do not have the model number tell me how wide and tall the AC unit is and if it plugs into 120 volt outlet or a 240 volt outlet.

We can go from there.

.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model aeh18dlg1

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is the room and how much south and west facing glass does it have? The larger the room, and the more window area the larger the AC must be.

I need that data in order to help you.

I need to know also about how old the AC is and if it is plugged into a regular 120 volt outlet or not.

.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know . it has cooled up til this point

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,

In that case, there are either air leaks letting hot and moist air into the room that did not exist before, or the inside and outside coils on the unit are dirty and need to be cleaned. If cleaning the coils does not work and the room is not leaking air... then the unit might have a refrigerant leak and not working to its full capacity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th0IEZ3fg7g

----------

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions within your agreed on limit at no additional charge.

.