Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Thermostat is completely off. Does not register air conditioning

Customer Question

thermostat is completely off. Does not register air conditioning or heat. Model No TH3110D 1008-0746. Does the thermostat take a battery or is this a bigger problem?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to 2 hours help.

Up to 48 hours trouble shooting and coaching on repairs $38 additional if you approve it at that time.

Its a bigger problem, 98% of the time with the cooling equipment itself, in this case you will need to be handy with a multi meter...then with a photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the air handler service panel I can coach you to a diagnosis... most of those thermostats do have a back up memory battery in them, you can of course replace that as a first step and let me know how that goes.
Or... if you can tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I can find you a well rated local service company.
Let me know, we can go from there.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Phil, but I am a mere mortal woman who only knows how to flip the switch on the breaker and take off the thermostat cover. I will have to call my local technician.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Good luck with it. There is no need to respond to this note, our server will just force me to answer your acknowledgement. endlessly.
.