airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I looking to replace my AC in the house. I currently have

Customer Question

I looking to replace my AC in the house. I currently have a unit which is 30 years old for just ac and am using gas heat. My question is should I go with different zones in the house with ac and heat or just replace the unit with a 5 ton for the ac and keep the heat gas? Which one will be more cost affect and require less maintenance?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Are there parts of the house that you do not need heated or cooled for certain periods?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like heat and ac in the whole house

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I would not recommend zoning if you want to keep house conditioned all the time. The only way a zoned system helps is if you want to only cool or heat one section at a time.