BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

My outdoor ac unit is in constant need of a charge. When they

Customer Question

My outdoor ac unit is in constant need of a charge. When they come no one seems to be able to find the source of the leak. Now I don't know if it's me but it seems when the Freon is low I get a weird faint chemical smell and taste in my mouth. Am I going nuts?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

This is very possible.....when they cant find a leak it is generally in the coil that sits inside the ductwork.

And of course when this leaks it is in the duct that supplies air to the home. I do not know how thorough they were looking for the leak...but it requires getting inside the ac coil compartment to check.

When a leak is not found the most common spot is inside coil