Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

WE put a new blower motor in and now we have a blower communication

Customer Question

WE put a new blower motor in and now we have a blower communication fault?
CArrier infinity thrmostat.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to 2 hours help.

Up to 48 hours trouble shooting and coaching on repairs $38 additional if you approve it at that time.

This is likely to go over two hours, let me know if you would like me to opt out now.... If not I need a well focused, well lit, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of blower compartment service panel where all the thermostat wires connect.

and I need to know if the replacement motor was identical to the one you removed with the same wire color wires or not.

So far I suspect that the printed circuit card that controls the blower motor has a defect in it, and that the blower you replaced may not have been the problem... can you tell me what led to the decision to replace the blower motor?

You can use the paper clip icon at the top of your dialog box to attach the photo.

We can go from there if you wish... your two hour consult begins now, and pauses until I pick up your response... its 2 hours active consulting time.

.