Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a trane xl14i that is not coming on.when i press the

Customer Question

I have a trane xl14i that is not coming on.when i press the plunger inside the unit it comes on (both fan and motir) but will not stay in/on.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Sounds like we are not getting 24 volts to contactor. Do you have a meter for troubleshooting and does indoor unit come on?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I have been called out of office so I will open to other experts so you don't have to wait.I will check in when I return to see if you got solved.I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk.Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i have a meter and yes the inside unit is coming on.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome!
Remove the blower service panel on the furnace and take a photo of the printed circuit card showing the area very clearly where the thermostat wires attach to it and 10 inches of the surrounding area.
I need to be able see the terminal letting for each wire.
Next take a close up, well lit and well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel.
Use the 'attach files' link at the bottom right of your reply box to attach those, we can go from there.
.