airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

My home air conditioning unit is not functioning properly

Customer Question

my home air conditioning unit is not functioning properly it wont blow at all on the auto setting
on the on setting it blows a little bit
model # ***** 024JAZ
serial #5338 M1999 09708
voltz 208-230
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
first lets go to the indoor blower. On top of the furnace is the ac coil with pipes going into it. One pipe is covered in black rubber. Where that goes into ac coil...is there frost or ice?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no frost or ice
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Thank you..now when fan is in "on" position...you say it runs but not up to speed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it blows out cool air but low. Not as forceful as it should. Can you call me(###) ###-####
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
I apologize but I am not set up for phone consultation currently.
I will opt to the techs that are.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no that's ok we can continue on the email.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am out of town and my renter is home so I need to continue as quickly as possible no need to send me to someone else lets continue. She has to leave soon.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Does the person there have a multi meter that reads voltage and capacitance?Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment.Do you have a multi meter for testing voltage? If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks, if you have or would like to obtain a meter to troubleshoot , I will be happy to guide you.Without a meter , there are a limited number of things we can check if you are able to do a visual inspection and can do some hands on troubleshooting.Please let me know and we can go from here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tim can you call me(###) ###-####
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I can give you my number to call me under the additional service platform, The cost is a bit more for direct phone conversation as I will be dedicating my time fully to you while we work on your problem.(Under the email platform ,I am usually working with several customers at once). Let me know and we can go from here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no we can continue to communicate via the email. My sister can go get a multi meter and then I can email you back did the other tech pass on the information gathered so far
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Yes. One more thing I am going to need is the model on the air handler inside since that is the unit we are having issues with.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my home air conditioning unit is not functioning properly it wont blow at all on the auto setting on the on setting it blows a little bit
model # ***** 024JAZ
serial #5338 M1999 09708
voltz 208-230
On top of the furnace the ac coil with pipes going into it. One pipe is covered in black rubber. Where that goes into ac coil there is no frost or ICEit blows out cool air on in the on position
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
OK the model I need is going to be on the furnace. Have her remove the front top panel and look on label above burners on right hand side .It will be something like RGPH07EAUER or similar. Then I can pull a diagram for wiring to tell her what to check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. ill email you back in about an hour my brother in law will go over to look under the house at the furnace is that ok
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good,If he can communicate from there, have him take along a multi meter that will read voltage (AC) and capacitance so we can troubleshoot while he is there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok he will have one
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Excellent. Look forward to helping solve your problem.