Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I had a power outage last night and my Honeywell T8000c1002

Customer Question

I had a power outage last night and my Honeywell T8000c1002 thermostat display shows all 8's now and I can't reprogram. The on off switch works for the fan but the air conditioner will not come on.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!
Let's try this: take the front part of the thermostat off the wall, loose from the back part and wiring. Take the batteries out of the thermostat (if applicable) and lets leave it off the wall with no batteries for 20 minutes or so, then put fresh batteries in and remount. Let me know if display still shows all 8's.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try this
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
OK< post back after everything is done. Thanks!
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
I will be unavailable for about an hour, but when I return, will reply back to any questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled it off the wall, I do not see batteries. What am I looking for?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
As I said, batteries may or MAY NOT be applicable. If you don't see them, this unit probably doesn't have them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, what next?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Leave off the wall for 20 minutes or so, and then try again. We are trying to remove all sources of power form the unit, sort of like a reboot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. There is a little black switch on the back. It can be set to an "e" or "f". I read somewhere that this can be switched back and forth and sometimes helps. It have elec forced air, is "f" the correct setting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, can you please confirm correct setting e or f before I put the thermostat back on the wall.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Leave that setting where it was previously, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok but I just want to confirm because I did move it. I correct myself, I have a gas furnace and the setting is on f, just want to make sure. I put it back on and it is working like a charm. Thank you. Please just confirm I have the right setting. Thank you again.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
If you have a forced air gas furnace, then yes, F is the right setting. So it's OK now? Great!
Yes, good luck! Thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Have a great day!
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Did you have additional questions? I noticed you had not rated question as of yet.