airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have the same No power (display) on my thermostat problem

Customer Question

I have the same No power (display) on my thermostat problem as the thread I was just reading. My downstairs thermostat works fine. Upstairs thermostat is blank. They are identical, so I switched them and the upstairs thermostat works fine downstairs. I have checked all breakers I can find. What else can I look for?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.
1. Do you have 2 separate systems for upstairs and down?
2.What is model on indoor unit upstairs?.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we have 2 separate systems. 2 furnaces in the attic and 2 air conditioners outside. Not sure what indoor unit upstairs means. Do you mean the thermostat?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
The model on the furnace that the thermostat controls. I want to pull a manual and see if maybe there is a small 3 or 5 amp auto type fuse in furnace that could be the problem.If we are not getting a display, we probably are not getting power from the furnace.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to pick this up later. I am not at home and do not know the model of the furnace. No one is home to go in the attic and check the model.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
THat is fine.Just come back to the question and we can go from here. While in attic go ahead and remove blower panel and see if there is a small auto type fuse plugged onto furnace control board and check to see if it is blown. See links below:
http://i.imgur.com/kYe4Epz.png
http://i.imgur.com/zOpm9aP.png
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you. talk later.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Look forward to hearing back