BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Yea on a 38YDB carrier where does the brown wire go to it says the low pressure switch con

Customer Question

Yea on a 38YDB carrier where does the brown wire go to it says the low pressure switch connector but what is that?
Also I am getting a status of 6 lights flashing in series then a pause - a compressor vc/vh trip
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

are you referring to a brown wire in the outdoor unit?

Is this where the 24v signal comes from inside?

Use reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking at the wiring diagram I see where it is supposed to be connected - to the relay - I connected it but now I don't get any lights on the circuit board I double checked and I am getting power the thermo stat says it is in cooling mode but no lights no nothing on that board - the board is a hk38ea001
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
please see page 12 at link below...please tell me which terminal you are talking about.

wiring schematic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The brown wire that is coming off of lps1
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
ok, that goes to the contactor.....you have your 220v wires at the ends of contactor...then you have thin wires red and brown that go to the contactor coil terminals.

some are on the side of contactor...some are on end but lower.

If you post a pic of your contactor I can tell you exactly