Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Sigh…I am trying to connect a NEST to my current HVAC

Customer Question

Sigh…I am trying to connect a NEST to my current HVAC system. I failed to take photos before I disconnected and that was a huge mistake. Here is what I have done I have flipped the breaker so there is no power to the ac/heat pump I am switching a Trane
model Baystat 239A to Nest but I can not get the nest to connect or power on after connecting . I can send photos. I have connected the following wires to no avail Yellow to Y1 Green to g Red to Rh Orange to Ob White to W1 Brown to W2 (AUX) Blue to C (I have
also tried this without to no avail)
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Did you turn power off before starting and do you have a meter for troubleshooting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that I did turn the power off the breaker before I started. I do not have a meter.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
If you can send pics will help. At thermostat and also where wire connect in air handler.If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or
You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .
Here is a link to the site.
http://tinypic.com/
Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.
They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW
You will see your picture on right side of screen.
Then copy the link URL for email & IM
Paste that link here on the site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached 2 images. Let me know if you can see them. I disconnected everything so you can see my wires. Hopefully you can tell me how to connect.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I need a photo of the other end of these wires in air handler so I can see where they go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir,
I am pretty sure that there is no way I can not get these screws off. Is this the only way that you can help me?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a volt meter to check between the RED and Blue wires to see if we have 24 volts AC?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a volt meter