Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an american standard allegiance 16 that will not start

Customer Question

i have an american standard allegiance 16 that will not start and the status light steady flashes
green com flashes amber 3 times with a pause y1 y2 steady green ds 13 fast flash and a pause
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
Have you checked on the side of the module where the LED is flashing? They usually give the flash codes and what they mean.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
status steady flashing green not sure if slow or medium flashing slow is standard ops. medium is oil return mode.
com is ***** *****ght with 3 flashes and a pause flashing means flash count when in communication rapid flash with pause means disrupted communication.
y1 and y2 steady green means 1st and 2nd stage compressor requests
it does not specify what ds13 fast flash is