Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I just spend $3100.00 new a/c unit and now the a/c will

Customer Question

I just spend $3100.00 for a new a/c unit and now the a/c will not keep it cool. The owner, will not call us back. Installed on 3/27/2015. I called another air man and advises the a coil has a hole in it. Leaking freon. He ran the test and installed 2 lbs of freon. What do I do? I know this should be under warranty but the guy that sold it will not respond. My renter is hot because it is 90 degree in house and in FL
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
If the coil is new, it should have as a minimum a 1 year warranty. If the installer won't call you back, any Nordyne dealer should be able to replace this under warranty. The part will be covered but not the labor. Have you tried to contact another Nordyne dealer?