Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I'm Brian. I have an #32 error on infinity pressure.

Customer Question

Hi I'm Brian. I have an #32 error on infinity for low pressure. can I bypass to run compressor to know if it's low?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Brian and I'm here to help! Yes you can. The low pressure switch should connect to the board with two wires and a two pin plug. You can just jump those two terminals together with a small piece of wire or alligator clip. The compressor should run if that's the only issue. You should turn both your indoor and outdoor unit's power off when making the jumper connection. The board gets its power from the indoor unit. Try that and let me know if you have further questions or if I can help diagnosing the system further.
Thanks, -Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I jumpered it and checked continuity and the switch is fine. It had not dropped out from too low of pressure. Nothing yet
Don't forget there is a really long time delay on the infinity unit. It can be up to five minutes! You will know you did good if the flash code went away after you jumped the switch out. If there are no other flash codes you should be good to go to check the system further as long as it's calling inside for the ac to run.
Thanks, -Brian
Also, to address your statement about the pressure switch having continuity, the board will lock out the compressor with a pressure switch trip, time out and try again. If the board senses five trips it will do a longer lockout of four hours. Your system may be running just on the edge of a trip causing this. Below is a link to the manual that explains it in more detail on page 8. The manual I linked to is for the Performance model but the Infinity will operate similarly. I just had that manual open and handy.
http://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/1009/public/01/24apa-4si.pdf
Let me know how I can help further. Thanks, -Brian