airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I'm wondering if the board is bad, The glow stick stays on,

Customer Question

I'm wondering if the board is bad, The glow stick stays on, & the fan doesn't come on in the on postion, I saw water all over the floor
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.If there is water on floor it is very possible that board has been wet also.The fan is controlled by different relays (Little black boxes) built onto board in each mode. That is why it may work in one mode but not another.Since it works in one mode, we know we have power (both 120 and 24v to board. If you touch R to W at thermostat and heat does not work and if you touch R to G and blower does not come on, issue is most likley a bad board.WE do however need to find source off water before replacing board ass we don't want to lose another board.