Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Lennox xc21-048-230-03 Unit & yesterday when trying

Customer Question

I have a Lennox xc21-048-230-03 Unit & yesterday when trying to remove leaves & cleaning the inside The top grill holding the motor slipped and fell. It was hanging by the wires and some of them came out of the harness for the motor.
The colors of the wires do not all match & I do not know what wires go where in the harness. Is there a way for me to match the locations where each wire should go. I am looking for some type of color coded chart to help me?
Any assistance is appreciated.
Tom
Baton Rouge, LA
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Let me see if I have a manual with a wiring diagram. Be with you briefly.
Not finding a manual on the unit wiring.I will opt out and see if other experts may assist you.Please stand by.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
Are you saying the wiring actually pulled out of the motor itself, or just a molex connector pulled apart?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The wires pulled out of one side of the harness (Connector). The wires connected to the motor are still in place.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Where is this connector exactly? I'm trying to get a visual of which one you are talking about?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was inside the motor housing. The first one connected to the wires that are directly connected to the motor parts inside.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
OK, I may need you to upload a picture to help me here. To upload a pic, save to your PC and send to***@******.***
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Did you get a chance to send that picture?