airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Does long beach, ca require that a condenser be located a particular

Customer Question

does long beach, ca require that a condenser be located a particular distance from a structure or property line?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I;ll do my best to help. THis is going to be a question that you will need to ask the LB Building Inspector.The number there is(###) ###-####We provide answers to technical issues, but this is going to be specific to your local inspection department.Call five six two five seven zero six six five one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've tried that and cannot get through to them. I've also read through the building codes and have found nothing.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Most states require 5 feet from property line but as far as the structure, build codes usually refer to the manufactures recommendations.The only specifics as far as structure is five feet from a gas meter or main electrical panel. If you can not get through to the inspector, a phone call to most any ac contractor in your area can answer definitely.