airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a Rudd silhouette 2 and I was trying to switch thermostats

Customer Question

I have a Rudd silhouette 2 and I was trying to switch thermostats from a Honeywell round two wire to a Honeywell wifi Rth6500. It did not have a c wire so I connected the c wire terminal on the furnace to the c terminal on the thermostat. I did this hot. Did not flip breaker. The thermostat would light up. Turned breake on and off again still would not light up thermostat. Switched back to old thermostat now furnace will not fire with old thermostat... Is there a fuse
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Look in bottom panel of furnace.There should be a small 3 amp auto fuse on the control board.It probably blew while working with wires.