Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Air conditioner won't cool, air is only mildly cool. Cleaned

Customer Question

air conditioner won't cool, air is only mildly cool. Cleaned filters, checked plus and vent. Worked fine one night and now not cold.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! Your question will be answered in detail. UP to 48 hours step by step coaching on diagnosis & repairs $38 additional if required.
Running an AC unit at night when it is cool outside will very often cause the cooling coil to freeze up and develop a very thick sheet of ice over the coil. When that happens it will cool very well until the ice forms, then cease blowing cold air.
That is what we need to look at first.
If the coil is iced and the outside unit is running, the largest copper tube attached to the outside unit will be frosty... look for that, tell me what you find, we can go from there.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't run my air conditioner at night when it is cool. I have a portable air conditioner that has a vent hose. There is no iced coil. Not sure you are the one to help with this issue. Are you familiar with the model AF11000E Amcor portable air conditioner? This was a mistake.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
I was unable to find the service manual for the unit so I will opt out, maybe one of my colleagues will have it.
.