How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 5648
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I having a problem with my control system It click and everything

Customer Question

I having a problem with my control system It click and everything seem to be normal but it will not start anything air-con /heating or even the fan
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! Your question will be answered in detail. UP to 48 hours step by step coaching on diagnosis & repairs $38 additional if needed.
Tell me a lot about what test instruments you have, and a lot about your skills so that I can help you in the most efficient way please.
We can go from there.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not an engineer or technician I have a problem with my Thermostat control unite and was looking for someone to help me fixing it
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,
Look inside the house breaker panel, make sure all the breakers are on, especially ones marked AC or Furnace... reset them for good measure, then tell me how that worked (about a 10% chance that will work)
The thermostat is the cause of the problem about 5% of the time... the other 95% of the time its a problem with cooling unit outside or the air handler or furnace electronic controls inside the furnace or air handler itself.
The outside unit as 230 volt power connected to it, it is dangerous to work on if that is not in your skill set.
So far it sounds a failure of the 24 volts that runs the control system. You would need a multi meter to check that inside the furnace.. this is most likely something you need to call a service company for.
There are very good service people around, 20% or so are quite good enough and honest as well, the rest can be a little spotty and last 20% or so can be a problem.
If you wish to tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city I can look for some well rated repair people in your area.
We can go from there.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I have already call a service company when I feel up the form I thought that I will have someone physical looking at the problem as it was beyond my capacity thanks for you advice and I'm sorry for myself of losing my money because I did not read any of the condition

Related HVAC Questions