airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

The little black wire came off the back panel of my honeywell

Customer Question

The little black wire came off the back panel of my honeywell RH5220d 1029 - which 2 screws does it go to? I can put it back on... Just not sure which two it goes to.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Can you upload a photo here?If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or
You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .
Here is a link to the site.
http://tinypic.com/
Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.
They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW
You will see your picture on right side of screen.
Then copy the link URL for email & IM
Paste that link here on the site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am hVing trouble uploading picturr
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Is this a factory wire ? I am not seeing a black wire in manual?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ugh... I think so... I am trying to send you the picture then u will know for sure... Hang on
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Standing by
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That ink definitely will not work for some reason... Any other email I can send the picture to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every wire is wired into the tiny little screws on the back panel... White wire, red wire yellow wire, blue wire,green wire. Is there any little connection (black) that should be jointly hooked to 2 of the other little screws?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Is the black wire coming from the wall with other wires?If so lets look in air handler and see what it is connected to in there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the black wire is not coming out of the wall .. It is a wire that is in one piece that is bent so that it makes a U I think it was somehow attached to 2 if the screws .. Like for grounding or something?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you look in the installation manual... You will see it but it is read in the manual this one's black
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Red not read....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I just call service to come out tomorrow? I don't want to break my furnace or air conditioner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looksike the red U that is attached to 2 of the screws in the manual. But this one is black.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
My manual only shows the terminal posts where wires from air handler connect to.Is this one of those wires or on back of the subbase?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I honestly don't know what your talking about. I probably call service tomorrow. Thank you for trying to help.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings now. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.