Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Clicking noise from Bolier

Customer Question

Clicking noise from Bolier
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any answer yet? It sounds like transformer....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hELLO, MORE INFORMATION: It is a Burnham gas hot forced WATER boiler(5 zones), 143,000 BTU purchased in 2002....IT HEATS THE HOUSE baseboard AND ALSO HAS AN INDIRECT HOT WATER TANK CONNECTED TO IT ...when the water tank CALLS FOR HOT WATER, THE BOILER TRIES TO START BUT IT IS CLICKING IN AN AREA WHERE THE THERMOSTAT CONNECTS TO AND ELECTRIC BOX IN THE BOILER ....i AM THINKING IT IS THE TRANSFORMER....bUT WOULD LIKE TO CONFIRM, i CAN EMAIL A SMALL VIDEO OF THIS ISSUE TO ACCELERATE DIAGNOSIS....WHAT IS YOUR EMAIL....? Any help is appreciated...Cheers, John
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! You have a set of complex issues there and can use some in depth coaching. That will take us a while.
Its not a transformer problem... that will not cause a clicking noise. Your offer will not cover the extensive diagnosis and coaching needed. Let me know if you would like me to submit an additional services offer, that allows email and private contact by phone and email, cost is $78, we can go from there... or I can leave your question on the board for other experts here who might be interested, although its been a long time already.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not what was in the contract. I would like a refund. Please processes a refund....