Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Had new furnace and ac installed. Furnace filter access was

Customer Question

Had new furnace and ac installed. Furnace filter access was installed in the front of furnace but to access it I have to totally remove two sliding doors. Needless to say I am extremely aggravated to learn this after they are almost done. I have only paid them 2/3. Would I be unreasonable to insist they put it elsewhere. So the filter can be changed reasonably? Isn't this poor installation design on their part or should I have picked up on that?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome!

Use the paper clip icon at the top of your dialog box to send me 2 or 3 photo's taken from 8 feet away, at different positions.

I will advise you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is paper lip icon?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forget it. Refund my money.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, I was answering another question.

http://screencast.com/t/hBduGFDwgZ

copy/ paste that to your browser and we can continue if you like, our charges hear run about a tenth of a service call, I have 51 years experience as an engineer and contractor in this business nationally.

I generally respond in a range of 1 minute to an hour, depending if I am out to dinner or tied up with other customers.

.