airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

My thermostat was working but the display would not light up.

Customer Question

My thermostat was working but the display would not light up. I figured it needed new batteries. I went to the store and bought new duracells and I know they're installed properly because I've checked 20 times but I cannot get the thermostat to come back on.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.I know it is not what you want to hear, but if thermostat display will not light up with new batteries properly installed, the thermostat has taken a power spike and will have to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh lord. I installed this one a few years ago and it was a bit of a struggle since I'd never done anything like this before. But, I did it once I guess I can do it again. Thanks
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
If you get a new thermostat,I will be happy to assist if you need help. Remember to turn power off to indoor unit before removing any wires.Godd idea to take a picture of old one while wires are still connected so you can see where they went.