Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a goodman GMVc950905 DXAB and reason

Customer Question

hello I have a goodman GMVc950905 DXAB and for some reason every year i have an issue with the cooling system last year the control board needed to be replaced because of corrosion could there be a problem with how it was installed it is only 4 years old
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you recommend a service provider in the Billerica MA area for the goodman system
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome!
If you can attach a photo of the failed control board that will help, use the attach files at the bottom left of your reply box for that. Not all companies sell goodman but most companies will service it, Goodman uses 98% the same parts as most other brands, and makes systems that other brands buy and put their own label on.
Meantime here is the closest well rated company in your area.
http://www.totalcomfortmech.com/
--------------
We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you the controller board happened last year I am not sure what the issue is this year, the first year had something to do with the water not draining from the system. This is why I am not sure if the installation was done correctly or the system itself has issues
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, if the cooling coil is mounted above the furnace and the condensate drain is blocked, or badly installed, water will run down the inside of the furnace, if it reaches the control card it can ruin it.
Send me a photo of the condensate drain line coming off the bottom of the cooling coil taken from 5 feet away so that I can look for installation errors.
You can use the 'attach files' link at the bottom left of your reply box to attach it here.
We can go from there.
.