Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Infinity thermostat and it is frozen at 77 deg. And

Customer Question

I have a Infinity thermostat and it is frozen at 77 deg. And I can't change it. Any suggestions.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
Have you tried pulling the front part off the wall loose from the back and leaving it for about 20 minutes? I'm not sure if this has backup batteries but if it does, these should also be removed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took it off and there are no batteries--as far as I know.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
OK, lets wait 20 minutes, then reinstall.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I re installed it and the actual temperature is now 76. Which is about what it is right now. However, the light is still on.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
You may have a bad thermostat. When you took it off the wall, did the display go blank?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How could it stay lit without any power?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
There may be a built in internal battery that holds the program and so forth for a limited period of time. Look on the back and see if there is any kind of reset button. Also, if you can get me full model number of the thermostat, this will help.