Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

What would help the automatic switch to work on heat or cold

Customer Question

What would help the automatic switch to work on heat or cold temp on automatic?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mentioned that the cooler or the heater doesn't turn off when it reaches temp, whether cold or hot, it doesn't turn on or off on automatic, it only runs on fan switch only.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome!
I am sending you an offer for additional services to include phone calls.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just waiting for my response, how much longer wait is it? I am a retired electrician and boiler man from the navy.and for the state. I am boggled because I put a thermostat not too long ago. I replaced the condenser unit, put the relay switch, and put two new motors, they run on turned on, but the automatic doesn't turn off or on, the fan keep on running, but it doe's cool air does come out.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, my screen shows that my offer was submitted... have you checked your email for it?
If you can give me the brand and model number of the thermostat, a photo of where the thermostat wires attach inside the furnace or air handler we can do a few tests.
.