Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an Amana gas-fired warm air furnace, one level

Customer Question

I have an Amana gas-fired warm air furnace, one for each level of my house. The upstairs Blower is not coming on, thus it is hot in this area of the house? I have checked the thermostat and circuit breaker and they both seem to be in working order. What's next?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
Have you opened the blower compartment and tried spinning blower wheel to see if it spins freely? If not, let's try that. Is the blower not working in heat, cool, or both?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not opened the blower compartment but I will do that. The blower is working in cool. I haven't turned on the heat since this problem started. However I did not have this problem during the winter..:(
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
OK, if it works OK in cooling, but not in heat, this could be a bad fan switch or board depending on how old the furnace is.