Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have a Lennox 13ACD and compressor/unit isn't coming on all

Customer Question

have a Lennox 13ACD and compressor/unit isn't coming on all of a sudden
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! Your question will be answered in detail. Up to 4 hours step by step coaching on repairs $38 additional if you accept that offer.
Please take a well focused picture taken close up and straight on, of the wiring diagrams glued to the electrical control box inside the unit outside, and the blower section service panel on the furnace or air handler. I will mark those up with trouble shooting directions.
Use the 'attach files' link at the bottom left of your reply box to attach the photo's
You will need a multi meter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just looking to see if there is a quick fix or some things to check before I call a tech to come out. I hope I'm not wasting money on here
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
http://www.greenwoodheating.com/products/manuals/airconditioners/13ACD.pdf
That is the manual for the unit.
These systems are quite complex with micro processors on board, and a wide range of mechanical issues that can plague them.
Depending on your ability to do the tests and coaching I provide we can determine what is wrong with the system. I can stay with you on this without any time limits for less than the cost of a good lunch.... that is not generally considered a waste of money.
There are some things to check, but it requires those photo's and use of a multi meter to track them down.
http://screencast.com/t/AkDZmIaT7
copy/paste that into your browsers address bar it shows you where the reset button is if you are able to locate the electrical box on the unit.
--------------
Regarding calling a service company.
As with any company, or technician there are the good, the bad and the ugly.
If you can tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city I can steer you away from the ugly ones, and to a few well rated companies.
That could save you a few hundred dollars or more and would not be a waste of your money.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok..yeah I'm not sure if I can do all of that testing. The Company that sold me the unit and installed it was Pipeworks in Chatham, NJ 07928 but I am weary of them in general.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, if this outfit is not more than 10 miles from your house it will be a good outfit to call, with 25 years in business and a member of the Refrigeration Service Engineers Society they are a very good bet.
If you can tell me which *direction* you are from the center of the city I can look for a good outfit closer to you.
We can go from here without any time limits.
.