BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a suburban wall furnace model # ***** Replace the

Customer Question

I have a suburban wall furnace model # ***** Replace the flame probe-glo bar-
limit switch-ignition control-and the micro switch. The problem , it fires up but flames out in about 15 seconds and will do this each time I restart the unit, by un pluging it or at the thermostat. could I have defective ignition board. BOB
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
the goal is to see if the flame leaves...and then valve shuts down....or if the valve shuts down
Do you have a way to measure gas pressure at the unit with a manometer?
use reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had the unit in the shop to bench test it. after replacing the new parts, it work fine for 3 weeks. the same problem return and I replace the flame probe. It work for one day. The furnace flames out when the glow bar turns off. Could there be a problem with the ignition board not getting a signal from the flame probe. Because the wall furnace is install in a 16 inch brick wall, and the outside cage was welded, I cannot get to the gas valve. The unit will have to be remove.Need to be bench tested again.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
First item is dirty/weak flame sensor. The next is fame control board.
1 = clean/replace sensor
2= check wiring from sensor to board
3= ground unit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
send the service offers