Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Mcquay AGS340 Chiller. I get a constant low evaporator

Customer Question

I have a Mcquay AGS340 Chiller. I get a constant low evaporator pressure alarm and a no load alarm.y VFD controller for fans 1&2 is down and I am waiting for a new controller from Mcquay. Will this cause my alarms with these 2 fans down?Or do I have another problem?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! We keep going until you have all of the information you need.[b/]. Extensive training & coaching also available.
It sounds like you have the manual but here it is again for reference in case we need it.
http://www.whaleyfoodservice.com/EquipmentManualsIntegration/Manuals/MCQ0059.pdf
-------------
Tell me what you have observed, done or verified on all 16 of these items.
http://screencast.com/t/jKegxg0WgnTb
Note: low suction pressure can result in the chiller tubes freezing and causing catastrophic damage to the machine... If you are not heavily experienced with water chillers, now would be a very good time to call in a chiller expert, and shut the machine down in the meantime.
If you need help with that, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city I will see who I can find.
The no load alarm could very well be caused by an already frozen chiller tube bundle, blocking water flow... that is a very critical situation, shut the chiller off until that is rectified. You could break the chiller tubes otherwise.
There is a lot more we can do, but we need to start there.
.