Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a 2005 goodman furnace and condenser. I can get the

Customer Question

I have a 2005 goodman furnace and condenser. I can get the the blower and condenser to run perfect when the "T" stat is set in the on position but the blower will not run in the auto position condenser will. "T" stat Issue ???
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! We keep going until you have all of the information you need.[b/]. Extensive training & coaching also available.
Regarding your last two words, 'condenser will'. do you mean that the condenser will run when the thermostat is set in the auto position and to cooling, and that the main blower will not run?
If that is the case, it is indeed probably a thermostat issue, it is not putting 24v power to the G terminal in the auto position when calling for cooling.
I need the model number of the outside unit.
If you can give me the brand and model number of the thermostat as well I can coach you on how to buy one that will work for you and be easy to install... we can also do a few tests to confirm that it is has failed.
.