Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a pennco boiler 1606had. The red knobs close to the

Customer Question

Hi I have a pennco boiler 1606had. The red knobs close to the water glass should be turned off or on. It seem open all winter. Another question. Radiater made noises when on . Reading about this in internet do I have to low down valve
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! We keep going until you have all of the information you need.[b/]. Extensive training & coaching also available.
The red knobs should be off (turned clockwise until they close) when you are not actually reading the sight glass.
You need complete training on how to operate a steam boiler. that is covered in this manual
http://www.ecrinternational.com/secure/upload/document/3291.pdf
copy/ paste that into your browser.
Then get back to me so we can discuss what you learned and answer any further questions you have, without a time limit.
----------
We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge.