Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have a bell air dryer ACT1000 and fan is now rotating C W blowing warm air out from unit t

Customer Question

Have a bell air dryer ACT1000 and fan is now rotating C W blowing warm air out from unit through the coils. Is this correct?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! We keep going until you have all of the information you need.[b/]. Extensive training & coaching also available.
http://screencast.com/t/XOCYgg50
copy/ paste that into your browser... the original air flow direction was correct.
It is not the unit that gets hot, it is just the coil that gets hot, you are cooling the coil, and not the equipment inside the cabinet if that makes any sense.
The reason is that when air is *drawn through the coil, the air flow is more evenly distributed than if the air is *blown through. (due to variable air speeds coming off of the fan blades at various points a few inches from the coil).
The coil is also more easily cleaned that way as well.
............
We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge.