Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I need parts and labor service to replace existing cooling

Customer Question

I need parts and labor service to replace existing cooling coil, RUUD AC Model No. UHQA-1215J
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
Are you talking about replacement of the whole air handler? Or just the evap coil?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just the coil. The indoor fan is working fine. The outdoor unit compressor is working fine. The cooling coil has a leaking drain pan. The coil itself has some corrosion at the base. The copper tubes looks ok.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Coil is going to run around $400 (wholesale) plus markup (and this varies from shop to shop), and I would figure around $4-500 in labor so I wouldn't be surprised if this turned into around a $1000 job.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Tony, let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Feel free to post back with any additional questions.