gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

Mark! I have a Trane XE1000 Heat Pump and I'm trying to

Customer Question

Hi Mark! I have a Trane XE1000 Heat Pump and I'm trying to wire a new RTH7600 series Honeywell Thermostat with the following wires on the old thermo: C,G,Y,O,R,W2 (with a jumper between R and RC). I matched each labeled wire with the same letter on new thermo, but I'm getting heat when I should get cooling.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at the old thermo one more time. There is a jumper between Y and W1, not R and RC. In fact, there is no RC in the old Honeywell thermo. The new programmable thermo does have an RC and it is jumped with the R, so I suppose I need to remove that jumper, yes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The new thermo does not have a W1.So here are the available connections:Old thermo
- G,C,R,W1,Y (LEFT side Top to Bottom)
- L,W2,E,B,O (RIGHT side Top to Bottom)New Thermo (Heat Pump Labels)
- C,G,Y,O/B,RC,R (LEFT side Top to Bottom)
- AUX,E,L (RIGHT side Top to Bottom)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wiring to the new thermo is:
C -> C
G -> G
Y -> Y
O -> O/B
R -> R + RC (jumper)
W2 -> AUXPlus there is no jumper between Y and W1 as in the old thermo (because there is no W1 contact)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need my A/C tonight so that also means I need an answer tonight. If that is not possible, please let me know so I can put my old thermo back and cancel my trial membership. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please help!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wiring to the new thermo is:
C -> C (Blue)
G -> G
Y -> Y
O -> O/B
R -> R + RC (jumper)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Honeywell Heat Pump System Wiring calls for the following:- Leave metal jumper in place connecting R and RC
- If your old thermostat had separate O and B wires, attach the B wire to the C terminal. If another wire is attached to the C terminal, stop and contact a qualified contractor for help.
- If E and AUX terminals do not each have a wire connected, use a small piece of wire to connect them to each other.
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.
Russ here. Welcome. I am here to help. Please do not rate until you are satisfied with answer. Always available for follow up questions. On that thermostat you will need to go inot installer set up 170 option 5. Your wiring is good. Russ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russ, I carefully referred back to the setup instructions and did not find setup 170 option 5. Perhaps you can elaborate on what the setup is? This answer did not help.
Touch system fan for one second. Hold center button for 5 seconds installer setup will come up. Advance to 170. Option 7 not option 5 on 7600.. Just double checked 7600 manual. Russ