Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My trane ac is less than 1 year old...fan working but unit

Customer Question

my trane ac is less than 1 year old...fan working but unit outside not on...changed batteries in thermastat...checked filter ok...checked breaker switch all ok... what next
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! We keep going until you have all of the information you need.[b/]. Extensive training & coaching also available.
Look for any cut or broken thermostat wires between the house and outside unit, make sure there is power to the disconnect switch on the wall next to it (measure **between** each leg, not one leg to ground.
If thats Ok you will need a multi meter to do some voltage tests where the thermostat wires attach to the printed circuit card mounted on the blower inside the furnace... and I will need a photo of those wire connections to coach you.
Use the 'attach files' link at the bottom left of your reply box to attach the photo.
We can go from there.