Jason Whatley
Jason Whatley, HVAC Technician
Experience:  HVAC/R Supervisor at DOJ
83376504

Have a Goodman AE48-10AR. Was working great until I tried to

Customer Question

Have a Goodman AE48-10AR. Was working great until I tried to program a Honeywell T-stat. Now my inside blower will not power on even in fan only. Check the transformer and I have power to the board, power to the T-stat an power on the green blower motor at the board. Have killed power to everything and started over. No change. Outside unit comes on in cool. This is a strait cool unit. Im a retired A/C contractor so know some what what I'm doing, but never had experience with multi speed blowers. I'm guessing the board may have blown for what ever reason. Any suggestions or diagnostics to determine board integrity.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Jason Whatley replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you out! Yes, you can jump r to g at the thermostat to call for the fan to come on. Is this a newly installed thermostat or were you just reprogramming an existing thermostat? Also, was new thermostat wire pulled or just using existing wire?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
System has been in operation for several years with no problem. Bought the house recently and today decided to program t=stat. Jumpering at the t-stat base had no results but there is power on the green terminal at the board from the t-stat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason are you still on line?
Yes I am here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So please reply to my comments about power at the board, thank you.
Goodman specifically recommends against using a "power robbing" thermostat for your unit. This means any stat that needs 24volts to be powered instead of batteries.
http://johnstonesupply9.com/TechDocs/Goodman/Accessory%20Info/AE%20Air%20Handler%20IO%20Manual.pdf
The link above directs us on how to diagnose a non-starting ECM motor. Start on page 20 and 21.
What is the model number of the thermostat you have?