Jason Whatley
Jason Whatley, HVAC Technician
Experience:  HVAC/R Supervisor at DOJ
83376504

Yes my furnace has just started running in the summer,,,can

Customer Question

Hi yes my furnace has just started running in the summer,,,can seem to turn it off except by the breaker
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Jason Whatley replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you out! Did you attempt to disconnect the wires coming from the thermostat at the circuit board in the furnace?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just disconnected the Red & white wire form the thermostat,,,,,This place is in the country, I removed the top and side panel from the outside unit and the coils and condenser are really dirty and packed with dust dirt ect...wasp nests, etc,,...The Furnace finally turned off but I imagine it will turn back on given time
There should be no reason that the furnace turn on and run without the thermostat telling it to. There could be a short between the r and w wires in the thermostat bundle, an unknown heating thermostat somewhere in the house, or a faulty circuit board (or circuit board terminals being shorted by debris ) telling the furnace to run.