Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Turned on A/C first time a few days ago. woke up this morning

Customer Question

Turned on A/C first time a few days ago. woke up this morning and getting ERR 89 on thermostat plus red fan light on outside.
TH9421C1004/U is the thermostat
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! We keep going until you have all of the information you need.[b/]. Extensive training & coaching also available.
I need the brand and model number of the furnace that the honeywell thermostat controls.
When you find the furnace remove the panel that exposes the blower and for a wiring diagram glued to the inside of the panel.
take a close up, well lit and well focused photo of the wiring diagram and post it here usint the 'attach files' link at the bottom left of your dialog box.
We can go from there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I should also add I checked filter (clean) , condenser outside (clean), reset breaker earlier today
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
Hello again
http://screencast.com/t/DsNqq0uN
I need the full model number from the tag circled in red, if you can write it down and post it here that will speed things up a bit.
also I need a photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower service panel just below, and a photo of the printed circuit card where the the thermostat wires attach, I can coach you more effectively that way.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
More photos attached, including one that includes model number. We may be at dead end - i sent you photo of circuit for thermostat control - but it connects into furnace where I would need to start unscrewing stuff. I am happy to call someone I just want to make sure I can give sufficient guidance so they can get here and fix it. Unless you think it is easy fix. Does that red indicator mean blower not working?
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
Its an electronics related issue, it can get quite complex... generally speaking it takes 2 years of community college in HVAC, 5 years or more practice and factory training on the major model changes.
This furnace you have is quite sophisticated, be sure you call a well rated and long established Bryant dealer.
If you need help if finding one, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will see who rates well on those in your area.
.