BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Looking DPDT thermostat, to be installed in a boiler,

Customer Question

looking for a DPDT thermostat, to be installed in a boiler, where temperature reading is provided for remote reading and control
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
hello,
by remote are you looking for wireless control from other locations or a wired remote station on site?
Use reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** a somewhat lengthy explanation:
Apparently there are boilers' control solutions that connect / disconnect the heating element to the Mains, based on temperature measurement that probably feeds a built-in thermostat that limits maximum level, and is also sent via hard-wire to a remote unit which displays the water temperature and enables on/off actuation, most probably via a relay residing in the boiler's circuitry (DPST or DPDT) - is that correct?
My intent is to use my own long range wireless link, replacing hard-wire connectivity by interfacing my wireless module with the temperature reading coming from the thermostat, as well as with the remote actuation that is going to the Relay.
I have found on the web a 'dumb' thermostat that has no relay nor temperature reading output (like APCOM products); I am seeking a smarter component as described above, to be used mainly for electric boilers remote reading and control, but possibly also for other types as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Billy: You responded to my question with a question - not with an answer - how come you charge me ? How come you web does not allow me to grade ?? - and why don't I get an response to my clarifications ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.