Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

What is the best garage heater setup one can do so even on

Customer Question

What is the best garage heater setup one can do so even on the coldest days of winter I can run and have the garage door open, but still wear shorts and flip flops?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I like to hang in my man cave/bar in my garage at night. Some nights are cold so it makes it uncomfortable. What can I do to heat the place up so even if its cold, I can rock a tee shirt shorts and flip flops and be comfortable?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
A gas fired unit heater is probably your best bet. The size of the unit depends on how cold it gets and the size of the garage and the open door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For a 430 sq.ft. garage any suggestions on what products I should be looking at specifically?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea what's available where you are. Modine and Reznor are the major brands. If you'd like me to size a unit for you I need the info mentioned above "how cold it gets and the size of the garage and the open door" also what insulation you have in floor's walls & ceiling as well as ceiling height and total length of outside walls. If you'd like me to do the heat loss calculations I'll post an additional services offer.