Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Venmar Duo 1.2, Model #43710, Serial No. 9027100816834.

Customer Question

I have a Venmar Duo 1.2, Model #43710, Serial No. 9027100816834. In recent days, it has started to grumble (vibrate) with the frequency of such increasing. What could be the problem and what are possible solutions? Thanks.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! We keep going until you have all of the information you need.[b/]. Extensive training & coaching also available.
Most probable causes of the grumbling would be the blower motor bearings starting to go bad, or ice build up on the heat exchanger if you are operating in colder weather (below 32F as a rule)... a less likely cause is a loose damper vibrating inside the unit. inspect that for any signs of it being loose.
Remove the service panel, and inspect the blower wheel for debris or any detectable up and down play in the blower motor shaft.
........
We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge.
.