Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I boughht a split ac unit klimaire haveing troublel getting

Customer Question

hi i boughht a split ac unit klimaire haveing troublel getting it wired up please help
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome!
This not an answer. You are not expected to accept or rate it as such. I am simply lending a hand here.
'I' on the wiring diagrams is conflicted as you probably know, the circuit goes back to N on one diagram and back to L on the other... and 'I' is not defined in terms of international electrical code, as you probably also realize.
Look on the name plate of the unit and see if it states the voltage required 120vac or 230 vac. If its 230 vac the I is probably line 2 in terms of the international electrical code.
However that still leaves us in quandry over the other side of the circuit, regarding termination at L or N... and that is a significant issue I have seen unresolved with some Chinese mfgrs for at least 10 years now.
It will be a good idea to call the people at the bottom of this installation manual regarding their gross errors in showing operating voltages and wiring in terms of the International Electrical Code... and very importantly the internal discrepancy regarding that I circuit.
http://www.heatandcool.com/v/KLIMAIRE%20PRODUCTS/KSWS/SERVICE-MANUAL-cooling-only.pdf
I would be very interested in what they have to say.
.