Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Looking on Trane Absorption Cold Generator: Size

Customer Question

Looking for specs on Trane Absorption Cold Generator:
Size A4DC SN: 1863
Demo old power plant and require draining of lithium bromide from old units (2). looking for total gallons.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! We keep going until you have all of the information you need.[b/]. Extensive training & coaching also available.
Total gallons or pounds should be stamped on the name plate of the chiller, as I recall those hold about 200 gallons, but I am not 100% sure, the safe thing to do would be to have 6 or 8 empty 50 gallon drums on hand.
If you can find pounds of LiBr on the name plate I can convert it to gallons for you.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks,
No reference to LIBr lbs on nameplate.Is there a PDF manual for this unit, showing drain locations?
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
The lithium bromide is distributed throughout the unit in different headers and pans.
I would contact Trane directly for those instructions, and demolition procedures if that is what is to take place.
http://www.trane.com/download/equipmentpdfs/absds4.pdf
contact Trane directly. Their email address is at the bottom of the last page.
It will take them a while to get back to you because it it is an unusual operation you and not so many people at Trane will be at all familiar with it.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Phil.I've drained these units before, just double checking if there's a written SOP. I'll contact Trane.